Fiction Foundry is a group of experienced writers, editors, and layout artists coming together to share their work for final peer feedback with the goal of attaining professional publication for every member.
There are two positions in the group – President, and Media. All rules, major decisions, projects, etc. are handled the same way – suggestion, discussion within the group, followed by a vote.
Fiction Foundry charges $10 annual dues to their members, $5 for virtual group members.
The three groups meet as follows:
WEDNESDAY GROUP – meets on the first and third Wednesdays of the month (barring holidays) from 6-9PM with a submission page limit for members of 25 (approx.) printed pages.
FRIDAY VIRTUAL GROUP – meets on the second Friday of each month (barring holidays) in the following time zones: 6PM Pacific/7PM Mountain/8PM Central/9PM Eastern. Meeting are on Google Hangouts and last up to three hours. Submissions limited to 5,000 (approx.) words.
SATURDAY VIRTUAL GROUP – meets on the second Friday of each month (barring holidays) in the following time zones: 6PM Pacific/7PM Mountain/8PM Central/9PM Eastern. Meeting are on Google Hangouts and last up to three hours. Submissions limited to 8,000 (approx.) words.
ATTAINING MEMBERSHIPIf you’re interested in Fiction Foundry we suggest contacting us and visiting one of our “Beers With Writers” nights. Locations change regularly but events are usually from 6-8PM once-to-twice per month on any given day. This is a good way to get to know our membership in a relaxed environment. However, we are open to visitors attending a meeting should that be preferable.
Consideration for membership is a four-step process.
- Attend one of the Fiction Foundry groups – get to know the membership and how the critiquing process works for submitting members.
- After a few meetings, submit a sample of your writing to the group you’re interested in.
- The membership will read your submission and critique it as if you’re a member.
- Fiction Foundry will expect you to submit an edited version of your original submission at the next meeting. If the group sees growth, they’ll invite you to join.
- If there’s not enough growth, then you may still attend and resubmit for membership in six months. For more on visiting/joining Fiction Foundry, please via our Facebook group.
RETAINING MEMBERSHIPMembership retention information may be found HERE.
BEERS WITH WRITERS
“Beers With Writers” allows the Fiction Foundry membership to get together in a more relaxed environment, talk about writing in general, projects they’re currently working on, or just socialize.
For more on “Beers With Writers” click HERE.